Fields marked with an * are required
Contact person MUST be an active member of Hope
Hope Lutheran Church Facility Use Guidelines
- Privilege to use the church facility is granted by the church and may be revoked at any time. The Office Administrator and/or Director of Operations reviews and approves facility use requests by in accordance with current church policies.
- Set-up/Clean-up time must be scheduled as numerous activities are scheduled for each day.
- Only areas signed out for the event are to be used. Other areas are off limits, as they may already be scheduled for another event. Make sure you sign out all spaces needed.
- All church facilities must be cleaned and returned to the original condition and setting following any event. All rubbish is to be taken to the dumpster.
- Youth-sponsored events are to have adult supervisors in the areas where the youth are at all times. All youth are to be picked up before the sponsor/supervisor leaves the premises.
- Negligence in supervision which results in any damage to church property could result in sanctions such as withdrawal of facility use privileges or budget allocations.
- The “Contact Person” must be present during the event to monitor activities on behalf of the church, and make sure the building lights are off and doors are locked when the group is finished.
- Hope is a no-smoking, no-alcohol facility. Smoking may take place outside the facility, but no alcohol may be consumed on church property.
- Any disputes arising out of the event or the planning of the event will be settled by the Sponsoring Team. Scheduling conflicts should be worked out among the affected teams and the Director of Operations, with Church Council as the final arbiter of any unresolved conflicts.
- Hope Lutheran Church presumes that all activities at any event will be in accord with our professed Lutheran faith.
- Hope Lutheran Church is not responsible for reckless behavior or careless acts by those using the facilities.
- Upon completion of the event, it is the responsibility of the Contact Person to make sure all items are put away, the trash removed, kitchens cleaned up (see kitchen guidelines), lights turned off, and the facilities locked up.
- Sponsoring Team is responsible for overseeing their Committee’s Events, and scheduling.
- These guidelines are valid for the planning term of September 1st through August 31st.